We started the blog in 2013 so there is a great deal of content available on the site. Our 14-year-old has taken on the project of building this archives page.
If there is something specific you are looking for, search by keyword below:
April 2018 (1)
March 2108 (1)
February 2018 (1)
January 2018 (1)
December 2017 (1)
November 2017 (2)
October 2017 (1)
September 2017 (1)
August 2017 (0)
- Off line
July 2017 (5)
- Everybody Needs a Rest Day!
- When It’s a Good Idea to Follow the Crowd
- Go Big, then Go Home: Our Epic Eurocamp Adventure
- The Essentials of Teamwork
- 3 Magic Words That Will Save You Time
- 30 Things the World Loves about America
June 2017 (4)
- One Simple Way to Create Momentum in Your Day
- 5 Things You Can Do to Travel Deeper, Near or Far
- Brief Encounters: Does Everything Happen for A Reason?
- Luminous Luberon: Exploring Village Life in Provence
May 2017 (5)
- Is Bruges The Best-preserved Medieval City in Europe?
- A Visual Feast: Aix-en-Provence Market Day
- Deliberately Choose to Blaze Your Own Trail
- 12 European Road Trips That Inspire Wanderlust
- French Inspired Mother’s Day Mindfulness Challenge
April 2017 (4)
- The Annual Neighborhood Bullfight – A Window Into Portuguese Culture
- Eurocamping: The Original Glamour Camping Experience
- The Holiest of Weeks in Portugal
- A Peek Inside the Walled City of Óbidos, Portugal
March 2017 (4)
- What Teachers Will Appear Next for You?
- Feeling Lucky in Lisbon
- A Top Down Approach: The Portuguese Coast in Pictures
- Mindful of The Traveler Within
February 2017 (4)
- Carnival, The Largest Party in Europe
- From Verona, Italy to Alcobaça, Portugal: Remembering The One Universal Truth That Connects Us All
- Pena Palace: One of The Seven Wonders of Portugal
- Remembering What Our U.S. National Parks and Europe’s Cathedrals Have in Common
January 2017 (5)
- The City That Stole My Heart: Porto, Portugal
- Bold Inspiration to Break From Convention
- The Age of Discovery, Past and Present
- In The News: Is Portugal the Next Best Destination?
- Remembering to Have Resolve Not Resolutions
December 2016 (4)
- A Monument to The Beauty of Imperfection: Batalha, Portugal
- 10 Family Travel Essentials We Carry-On
- Nazaré Legends Now and Then
- A Life Changing Gift Exchange Experience
November 2016 (4)
- Aware of Being Agreeable in Portugal
- 5 Ways to Put Mindfulness In Motion
- Mindful of The Peace in Portugal
- Appreciating Travel Without Borders
October 2016 (5)
- Careful Consideration of Leaders We Follow
- Where Are You Most Aware? Navigating Bangkok
- Deliberately in The Space Between: Changi Airport
- Appreciating The Ease of Singapore
- Bali, The Final Chapter : Simple Life Changing Practices
September 2016 (4)
- Mindful of a Balinese Full Moon
- How to Rid Yourself of Chores Forever!
- Vegetarian Soul Food
- Giving Without Expectation
August 2016 (5)
- Bali, Chapter 2 : Where’s The Teacher?
- Bali, Chapter 1: What Starts When You Stop
- You Are Welcome, and Other Things We Learned at The Sanur Night Market
- Unplug to Connect: Recommitting to Looking Up
- Paradise Is Complicated: Navigating Bali
July 2016 (4)
- The Rotary Commitment to Service Before Self
- Taking Time to Explore the Sydney Coastline
- How Do You Refresh Your Perspective?
- Declare Your Independence: Live Large Around the World Rent-Free
June 2016 (4)
- Why Montessori Matters
- What about Family?
- Coming Together with The All Blacks
- Out of The Ashes – Christchurch Rising
May 2016 (5)
- Remembering Memorial Day on the Beaches of Normandy
- Completely Taken By Wanaka, New Zealand
- New Zealand’s Glaciers: The Story Is in The Ice
- The Wildly Sophisticated West Coast of New Zealand
April 2016 (4)
- Sing Your Story: Finding Legendary Teachers in Unexpected Places
- What Makes It a Great Walk? New Zealand’s Abel Tasman National Park
- Photographic Journal of Our Life on an Organic Farm in New Zealand
- Lessons Learned on a New Zealand Organic Farm
March 2016 (4)
- What Cathedral Builders Know About Patience
- You Have to Get Back on the Horse
- What the Scale of War Can Teach Us About Peace
- Cohabitation Nations
February 2016 (7)
- Academy Award Night at the Weta Cave
- How Vision and Values Effect Your Bottom Line
- Living Life with Natural Momentum
- But You Could Have Been Shot!
- Memories Along 14 Romantic Roads in Europe
- Living and Believing You Are Enough
- 14 Romantic Jaunts Through Europe’s Great Cities
January 2016 (9)
- Living Through Culture Shock
- Living a Life of Simple Pleasures
- Living Life as a Legendary Gift Giver
- Exploring Free Museums of The World
- Seahawks Spirit: You CAN Win for Losing
- There Is A Season … Turn, Turn, Turn
- Sweet As: Understanding Kiwi Culture
- Travel Update: Over 20 Countries and Counting
- Hiking Your Way to A New Perspective
December 2015 (9)
- When Is Enough, Enough?
- It’s Time to Be The Curator of Your Life
- Livology 2015 Photo Journal of The Year
- Globetrotting Good Reads for Kids 2015
- Top 16 Good Reads: Livology Travels 2015
- Taking The Time to Bridge The Gap
- Tis The Season for Receiving
- What The All Blacks Know About Coming Together
- A Global Perspective on Your Local Public Library
November 2015 (12)
- Are You an Extreme Traveler?
- Are You Ready to Livit? Appreciating Nature
- Are You Ready to Livit? Appreciating Others
- Are You Ready to Livit? Appreciating Your Past
- Are you Ready to Livit? Appreciating Yourself
- Are You Ready to Livit? Appreciating Your Daily Routine
- The Land of The Long White Cloud – Aotearoa
- What Is Your Dream Business?
- Familiar Flavors Make for an All-American Send Off
- Polynesian Cultural Center Partnership
- Where Do You Go to Quiet the Noise?
- The All-American Myth – An Aloha Halloween
October 2015 (8)
- Prepare for the Journey … Ride the Wave of Change
- On Location Education: Hollywood Backlots in Hawaii
- Are You A Stand Up Citizen? A Weekend With Hawaiian Watermen
- Do You Talk Story? Lessons From Pearl Harbor
- Slowing Down to Find Common Ground
- Humans Can’t Live Without Water
- A Global Guide to A Deliberate Life
- Is Paradise Lost in Honolulu?
September 2015 (9)
- Social Media Presence: You Are What You Share
- Diamond Head State Monument: Release Your Inner Pele
- This Too Shall Pass: The Ebb and Flow of All Things
- Is “Once in a Lifetime” Limiting Your Options?
- The Allure of The North Shore of Oahu
- Hawaiian Wayfinders: Heading in a New Direction
- Have You Ever Thought of Running Away?
- Just How Connected Are We?
- Two Years Wandering, Not Lost
August 2015 (9)
- Strewing: Looking Beyond Back to School
- Appreciating Diversity in Bellevue, Washington
- Deliberately Wandering to Cool Spots on Hot Days
- How Does Your Food Make You Feel?
- What Is Your Passion?
- Connecting The Dots in The San Juan Islands
- A Foolproof Map for Living Deliberately
- Have You Ever Been Home Without a Home?
- Absence Amplifies Presence
July 2015 (9)
- Palatable Passion in Portland
- What Places Command Your Presence?
- Nearing the End of The Line on The Oregon Trail
- Finding Ease in Sun Valley
- What Obstacles Will You Face Today?
- U.S. National Parks: America’s Cathedrals
- A Hostel Stay in Jackson, Wyoming
- The Drive Is Enough
- What South Dakota Knows About Moving Mountains
June 2015 (9)
- It’s All in The Details: The Nebraska Sandhills
- Connecting With Your Corps of Discovery
- An All American Welcome Home in Chicago
- Friday Night Lights in Niagara Falls
- Start Spreading The News
- Questions in Cooperstown
- Big Expectations for Boston
- Cape Cod Charm
- The Cost of Being A Pilgrim
May 2015 (8)
- Redefining Manifest Destiny
- Industrious America
- What Are You Too Busy Doing to Notice?
- How Do You Know You’ve Arrived?
- Irish Food vs Italian Food
- The Magnetism of The Trades
- Wishes Fulfilled: Irish Spring in Blarney
- Closing The Gap on Immigration
April 2015 (9)
- Are You Looking for Solutions or Reminders?
- Secrets of Italian Beaches
- Raising The Roof: How to Expand Your Definition of Home
- One Good Reason Not to Travel
- What Gifts Are You About to Receive?
- Lucky Enough to Say Arrivederci
- The Cinque Terre Era
- It Was A Good Good Friday
- Simple Steps for Spring Curating
March 2015 (9)
- The Illusive Man in My Life
- Do You Miss The Seasons?
- Sometimes Not Doing Your Homework Is The Best Approach
- Creating vs Producing in Tuscany’s Chocolate Valley
- Are You Spinning Your Wheels?
- How Flexible Are You?
- Massive Destruction With Minimal Interruption
- Passion for The Pooch: Italian Four-Legged Family Members
- Help Is on The Way
February 2015 (10)
- You Really Shouldn’t Have …
- Three Important Myths of Authentic Travel
- Kneading Simplicity
- Appreciate The First Signs of Spring
- Accepting What You Don’t Know
- Fear of Missing Out on Front Rows Seats
- What Constitutes A Cultural Exchange?
- When What You Have to Purge Is Not Junk
- Great Presentation Keeps Creativity Fluid
- How to Stop Feeling Sick And Tired
January 2015 (13)
- The Superbowl Blues
- Embracing Creativity in Tuscany
- How Do You Define Freedom?
- Do You Budget for Transition?
- A Kid’s Club Culture: How Europeans Breathe Life Into The Mundane
- The Fear of Losing Focus
- You Don’t Have to Practice What They Preach
- Pizza, Pasta & Paleo?
- Fitting in Crossfit: The Stamina to Tuck Into Life
- Retention or Intention: What Will You Choose?
- Living in His Shadow – Michelangelo’s Carrara Marble Mountains
- Diversification or Distraction: What Are You Focused on Today?
- Our 2014 Deliberate Dozen: Top 12 Family Travel Finds in Europe
December 2014 (14)
- Why Do Italians Live Longer Than Americans?
- Have Resolve Not Resolutions
- You Are The Curator
- Seeing Through Rose Colored Glasses: A Photo Journal
- Some Things Don’t Change When You Travel
- A Tuscan Christmas Is About Faith, Food and Family
- How Green Is Your Tree?
- Where Will You Gather Together This Holiday?
- Perspective: Who’s to Say How to Write an “A”?
- How Smart Is Your Public Library?
- Be Patient When Words Fail You
- The Secrets in This Old House
- Shifting Perceptions And How People Represent Systems
- The World Does Not Revolve Around You
November 2014 (12)
- A Legendary Cake: Italian Panettone
- Falling for Europe: Favorite Autumn Moments in Pictures
- The Abundance of Antipasti
- Inside The Indelible Walls of Lucca, Italy
- When It Rains, Head to Higher Ground
- Italian Beach Club Opulence
- When You Must “Carry On”
- Where Are You Headed?
- “Grandfathered in” – Laws And Their Role in Everyday Life
- Picture Perfect Portofino
- Forte Dei Marmi: The Hamptons of Italy
- Tuscan Holidays: A Classic American Halloween
October 2014 (14)
- The Power of No
- Sometimes You Get A Second Chance To Make A First Impression
- Here Is The Church, Here Is The Steeple
- The Power of The Experience: Memories vs Mindset
- When Feeling Small Is A Good Thing
- What’s Next? What I Learned From Blackriver
- The Value in Failing A Test With Flying Colors
- Better Off Without Great Expectations
- The Mature Metropolis of Vienna
- Learning From One Another in A Changing World
- Crossing The Threshold in Prague
- Berlin, Germany: If Walls Could Talk
- Cold War Kids Visiting Berlin
September 2014 (13)
- The Familiarity of Uncertainty
- Déjà Vu in A Shrinking World
- What Do-It-Yourself Travelers and IKEA Have in Common
- Strong Leaders Don’t Need to Know the Way
- Perfectly Simple
- Speak for Yourself
- Life’s a Beach in Hamburg
- Legoland, Billund: The Capital of Children
- Trust Me
- Silver Linings and French Fries
- In Bruges … Not the Movie
- The Ins and Outs of Real Estate
August 2014 (13)
- Luxembourg Charm: Just Passing Through
- When Pulling Up the Anchor Is Not a Good Idea
- What Tourists Can Teach You About Appreciation
- You Can Have Your Cake and Eat It Too
- Sometimes the Lessons Learned Are Grimm
- Facing Rain on Germany’s Romantic Road
- What Fraulein Maria Can Teach You About Life
- In the Moment With Mother Nature’s Monuments
- What Contrast Teaches Us About Beauty
- Independently Stealthy
- How to Grow Patience
- What Does Citizenship Mean to You?
- What Are Your Favorite Subjects?
July 2014 (11)
- Do You Have All the Answers?
- The Unexpected Can Give You Just What You Expect
- When Is It Time to Remember?
- What if You Believed Good Things Come in Threes?
- Is Clutter a Virtual Reality for You?
- What Is Livology? Be the Master of Your Domain
- What Europeans Know About the Art of Conversation
- What Alone Time Teaches You About Family
- What Does It Mean to Declare Independence?
- How Foreign Currency Can Change Your Relationship With Money
- How to Steal the Show by Keeping an Open Mind
June 2014 (8)
- Rather Than Waiting to Be Picked, Pick Yourself
- What Italian Ingenuity Can Teach You About Appreciation
- Gladiator School ~ Ancient Rome Revisited
- Surrendering to Time
- Have You Ever Heard of Globish?
- New Appreciation for Something Familiar
- When Was the Last Time You Felt Like a Kid in a Candy Store?
- What Motherhood And Rites of Passage Have in Common
May 2014 (9)
- Trip Fiction: Have You Read Any Good Books Lately?
- Paris: Go Deep or Go Wide?
- A Memorable Memorial Day in Normandy, France
- Mother’s Day In Monet’s Garden
- Camping in Paris?
- Delightful Dordogne
- Private vs. Public Waterfront: Prime Real Estate Debate
- The Road Less Traveled: Costa Verde, Spain
- A Different Kind of Pilgrimage: Santiago de Compostela
April 2014 (8)
- Surf’s Up on The Western Coast of Portugal
- Watch and Learn: Lisbon, Cascais, and Sintra
- Falling for Falesia: Algarve, Portugal
- The Sun Sure Coast of Southern Spain
- Real Estate Marketing: Why Things Are Not Always As They Appear
- Madrid and Midnight Mornings
- Big Plans in Barcelona
- Artful Provence
March 2014 (9)
- Livology on ITunes: Family Adventure Podcast
- The French Riviera: From Monaco to Cassis
- Luminous Le Luberon: Provence, France
- Aix-en-Provence and The Explosion of Spring
- Second Honeymoon on The Italian Riviera
- The Luck of The Irish: Beachcombing on Elba
- The Meaning of Monuments: Pisa and Beyond
- Off-Season Opulence: The Tuscan Coastal Towns
- Traveling Lightly: Things Are Temporary
February 2014 (8)
- Starbucks Start-Up
- A Novel Idea
- True Love in Naples
- I Yam What I Yam
- Alberobello, Italy: Tax Evasion in the 14th Century
- The Skinny on All Inclusive
- A Moment in Malta
- How to Create The Time You Desire
January 2014 (10)
- Do You Believe You Can Have It All?
- Priceless Paleolithic Age Property for Sale
- Do Not Overlook Age Old Remedies
- A Systems Approach: Do You Value Quality or Quantity?
- The Fruit Stand Effect
- Street to Table: How Daring Is Your Palette?
- Are You An Adventure Seeker?
- New Perspectives on Old Traditions
- Do You Believe Less Is More?
- How Smart Is Your Use of Technology?
December 2013 (12)
- Adding Fuel to Your Fireside Chat
- Creating Your Own Soundtrack
- Just Published!
- Are Your Lists Controlling Your Life?
- Contagious Christmas Spirit Video Clip
- The Lights Are on but Nobody’s Home: Marketing Vacant Homes So They Sell
- Do You Know The Whole Story?
- What Story Do Your Traditions Tell?
- Is Your Food Market Fresh?
- Family Friendly Italians
- The Freedom of Florence
- Aspiring to Be Off-Line and Connected
November 2013 (9)
- It Is Not About What You Should Do
- Built To Last: What do Cultural Values and Real Estate Have in Common?
- Is Delayed Gratification Serving You?
- Rediscovering Your Christmas Spirit
- Bells of Cortona
- When Mother Nature Speaks to You About Abundance, Do You Listen?
- Brick and Mortar
- Are You Overcomplicating Things?
- Capitalizing on Lessons From Capri
October 2013 (10)
- Attempting to Communicate The Meaning of Amalfi
- To Be or Not To Be: Are You An UBER Planner?
- An Overdeveloped Appreciation for The Sun
- What Stories Await on A Road Less Traveled
- When in Rome …
- Kids Only: No Entry Unless Accompanied by A Child
- What is Citizenship?
- What Is Your Happy Place?
- Spreading Your Wings
- Looking Up Through Rose Colored Glasses
September 2013 (7)
- Have You Ever Thought of Running Away?
- Definite Uncertainty
- Hurry Up And Slow Down
- Do You Have The Courage To Take A Nap?
- Have You Ever Felt Distant From Those Closest to You?
- A Census on Senses: Celebrate Your Surroundings
- Go Ahead … Sweat The Small Stuff!
August 2013 (1)
If there is something specific you are looking for, search by keyword: