This week we are going to give you a gift as a way of showing our appreciation. Today, the exercise is to appreciate your daily routine.
Gratitude practices are a huge part of our study of living deliberately each day. As this is the week we celebrate Thanksgiving in the USA, we are going to send you a practice each day that you can engage in quickly and even pass on to others.
We guarantee that if all you have time to do is read the practice, you will feel more present during this busy time.
Today I am deliberately grateful for everyday activities that I sometimes take for granted.
Try one or all of these things today:
- When your children come into the room, look right at them in greeting and really see them with joy.
- On your drive to work, notice how well your car functions and how comfortable it is, and make note of any natural beauty on your route.
- When you eat anything, take a moment to say thanks for the fuel, and really try to taste and experience the food.
- As you move through your day, notice the ways in which your body serves you. Give thanks for your breath, your feet that carry you up the stairs, your hands that can be held, your eyes that take it all in.
- Find any and every way to simply notice what IS working today.
Today I am deliberately grateful for everyday activities that I may sometimes take for granted because I know that the more I see what IS working, more of those things will come into my experience.
If you like this please share it. Have a great week!